Make sure you don't try any recovery at home or use your broken USB drive because this can lead to serious data loss.
In case of any physical or logical damages that cannot be sort out using software should be consulted with data recovery experts and professionals. In case the USB drive crashes or fails, stop using it immediately that way data can be recovered easier and faster.
· Don’t use cheap USB storage devices. Don’t buy recycles ones, or used ones. Buy a quality product that will last for years to come.
· Remove the drive safely. Make sure it is not reading or writing data when you remove the drive.
· One strong reason for physical and logical damages in the flash drive is power surges and exposing USB drives to strong magnetic field.
· Don’t leave your USB device in extreme temperatures. Don’t leave it in your car or somewhere else where it may get hot. (or cold for that mater).
· Check the device’s read/write speed. A faster speed means an overall quicker device!